Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Step by step on how to make cute elephant house slippers for your toddler

HI,
I would like to share this cute idea I decided to do, cause I was tired of trying to find those perfect and not so expensive! little house slippers for my almost 2 year old who is fascinated with elephants...

If you don't know how to crochet.... is OK!

Here I am adding a YouTube video I found that shows you the basics  

               


After you watch the video, go ahead and try to make your own creations :) You can make House slippers for all ages, pillows, beanie hats, blankets..you name it...



This is what we are going for today...



 Let's start!!                                                                   


 STEP #1
Measure your toddler's shoe size, you can guide yourself with one of his existing shoes.


                         
                

 
STEP #2 
Finish the bottom, you could also sew a leather sole if you like
    

 

STEP #4 
Start in the middle middle like the first image, then crochet down and add the 2 pieces together, that's where you will be placing the elephant's face




STEP # 5 

This is how it will look like after you crochet the bottom and top together



STEP # 6
Adding the shape of the elephant's face




This is before attaching it
              
 

  STEP # 7
    We are almost there!! Just sew some ears, in this case, I used fabric, add the eyes and finally add teeth to make the trumped stand out!


I hope I made the steps clear for you :)
You could always play around with it and add a different animal if you want...

And here are the results! Cute elephant house slippers made by mommy for only $2.99 +tax ( for material only )

         

My son was SO excited when he saw his elephant slippers and even started stomping like and elephant...:)








2 comments: